Wednesday, July 2, 2008

IT HAS BEEN AWHILE

June was a very interesting month for me. As I look back, I didn't get much done and I really didn't feel like blogging. The first Monday of the month, I went to a monthly breakfast for guys and gals who used to teach at St. Charles High School. That is always fun, but this time I learned that Jim Williams, the former and successful football coach at that school was really in the probable final stages of cancer. Jim has gone to Duke University at least twice to try new things related to treatment of cancer. I was told that the doctor told Jim that he had about a year to live. I have been praying for him for a long time and continue to do so.

After that, I had a muscle strain in my right shoulder that was painful and kept me from doing things and also from getting a good night's rest. After that calmed, suddenly my right foot was very painful. It felt like a sprain, but I could not remember doing anything that would cause that. Following several days of walking difficulty, as suddenly as it came, the pain was gone and I could walk normally.

Holly and her children then descended upon us in prelude to her brother-in-law getting married. It is interesting that the two Zabka boys grew up in California and both married girls from St. Charles. Small world. The boys were fun and Violet so cute, all three more than enjoyable. Our house was and still is a complete wreck, but Sue and I are enjoying the week together. Monday evening, we went to the Cardinals-Mets game and it was a great game and a glorious night. Hard to believe we are having resort weather in St. Louis the first week of July. After returning home, we went to bed, drained, totally exhausted, needing the great night's rest we received.

During all of this Sue's father was taken to the hospital. I stayed two nights with him in the hospital and that contributed to the tiredness that was almost overwhelming me.

Also, during this time, I was sick and Sue got mad at me. Her anger was not because I was sick, but because of the reason I was ill. I had not been taking the medicine prescribed by my cardiologist. She was mad, Holly was mad, Ed Watkins was mad, Ray Bayer was mad and Ed told me he was going to tell his wife and then she would be mad. Now I am taking my medicine to feel better and to escape the wrath of so many.

I have been reading a new book entitled "It's Our Ship" and will share some of the good things from this book at another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now that you've told everyone, I'm sure THEY will be made also! Keep taking your medicine, Sweetie!

stacey O'Hara said...

Well add me to the list!
I'm mad at you too!
Take your MEDS!
Good grief, can't you see
that we all need you to stick around
for a long time? :)

Love ya!